Friday 6 November 2009

Houses

For as long as I knew, the students in Penang Free School were divided into houses:

Cheeseman - Red
Hargreaves - Brown
Pinhorn - Blue
Wu Lien Teh - Green
Hamilton - Yellow
Tunku Putra - Orange
Tunku Syed Sirajuddin(Purple)
P. Ramli(Gray)

A student is allocated a house at the start of their first year and will be a member throughout until they leave.


Prior to this, somewhere before the 1980s, students were all divided into scout houses, or so I heard

Still remember your history?

Send an article to echoeditor@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. The bottom 2 weren't there when I left in 2005

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottom two is created by Sir Haji Ramli.. Current student there :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first six were there when I entered PFS in 1976. I am a Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entered in 1986. Only the first six and was a WLT

    ReplyDelete